Checksum (or check digit) is an authentication mechanism used to verify the validity and authenticity of a numerical value, thus avoiding fraud or transmission or typing errors.
It consists of one or more digits added to the original value and calculated from it using a certain algorithm.
This program calculates and verifies some digits that are used in cards and other numbers issued in Portuguese territory:
– Digit in the BI (identity card);
– Digits in the CC (citizen card);
– Digits in IBAN (international bank account number);
– Digit in the TIN (tax identification number);
– Digit in the NISS (social security identification number);
– Digit in the NUIPC (unique criminal process identifier number).
The program is only available in Portuguese.
version 1.0.0 ♣ Windows ♣ 5,48 MB